Our school curriculum has been designed to ensure that it covers all of the skills and knowledge which pupils are expected to learn in line with the National Curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Stage. We have chosen to do this by using a range of 'topic themes' as a stimulus. Each haf term an overview for your child's learning will be uploaded below, stating the learning which will occur in each subject area.
We use the following schemes of work to support teaching and learning:
- Phonics: In EYFS and KS1 we will be using Read Write Inc.
- Spelling: From Year 2 onwards will be tested weekly
- Grammar: From Year 2 onwards, we use a range of resources to teach grammar continuiously adapting the teaching to the children's needs.
- Maths: Both Key Stage 1 and 2 planning is supported by the use of White Rose
- Religious Education is taught in accordance with the Lincolnshire Locally Agreed Syllabus for RE (2018)
See the National Curriculum (external website)
In our school, we have mapped it out to look like this: